[ENGLISH EPISODE] Welcome back to the Casual Confoes podcast, a series dedicated towards economics and finance. In this episode we had Robert P. Murphy as a guest. He is a PhD economist and a Senior Fellow with the Mises Institute. He is the author of many books and articles. Additionally, he is also the host of The Bob Murphy Show.
Check out his podcast: The Bob Murphy Show
- 0:00 Introductions
- 2:30 What is Austrian Economics?
- 6:20 How did Robert get introduced to Austrian Economics?
- 9:05 Difference between conservatism and libertarianism
- 13:00 Safety vs. Freedom
- 16:20 How does the free-market “fantasy” differ from the socialist “fantasy”?
- 21:40 Private companies becoming so global that they turn into the State
- 36:05 Libertarianism and pandemics
- 38:59 Mises’ critique of why socialism doesn’t even work in theory
- 46:48 Why aren’t economics professors less libertarian than the general population?
- 49:01 Why are Investors more in favor of the Austrian school?
- 52:14 Academic views on cryptocurrencies
- 56:42 Assessing Suriname’s problems and how to fix them
Video version of the episode:
Intro/Outro beat with compliments of Sjakeem Seedo.
The Casual Hosts