[DUTCH EPISODE] After a short hiatus, we are back with another Casual Confoes. This time we explored Bitcoin again and a total of 6 people in the session spread over 3 different time-zones:
- Ryan Harnandan (Netherlands)
- Raoul Mangoesentono (Netherlands)
- Mitchel Pawirodinomo (Suriname)
- Timothy Lie (Suriname)
- Gregory Bainathsah (Suriname)
- Diego Ameerali (New Zealand)
- 0:00 – Recap
- 6:30 – Introductions
- 10:40 – “What is Bitcoin” Refresher
- 16:10 – Bitcoin as an Investment Asset or a Payment Method
- 20:00 – Raoul’s Objections to Bitcoin
- 33:00 – Are there any Communities that Transact Exclusively in Crypto?
- 39:10 – Greg Drags us Back into Raoul’s Value Theory
- 51:48 – Solving the “Value Theory” Problem with Bitcoin?
- 59:30 – Does Bitcoin Matter at This Point (Or Not)?
- 1:27:07 – Taxes and (Bitcoin) Trading Speculation
- 1:33:50 – Do We Trade in Other Currencies?
- 1:36:40 – What are Crypto Currencies Classified as?
- 1:41:30 – Closing Remarks
Video version of the episode:
Intro/Outro beat with compliments of Sjakeem Seedo.
The Casual Hosts