[ENGLISH EPISODE] In this episode we talk with Joel Aarland. Through a twist of events, he somehow got dragged into film making a few years ago after the Carifesta event in Suriname and now he is studying the arts in India. Have a listen to find out more about him.
- 0:00 – Intro and Origin Story
- 6:02 – How was your first experience on a film set
- 8:38 – Could you walk us through what the different roles on a set actually do
- 18:05 – Do you have a recommendation or go to tip when it comes to lighting
- 20:05 – Tell us about the film course you are doing in India
- 23:04 – What was your process for application to India
- 30:00 – Impression when arriving in India
- 37:20 – Thoughts on the current state of the media industry in Suriname 54:02 – Yggdrasil and being a Generalist vs a Specialist
- 1:01:00 – Any Books / Tips / Life Hacks you’d recommend
- 1:10:52 – Closing Remarks
Video version of the episode:
Connect with Joel:
- Twitter: @joeyminati
- Instagram: @joelaarland92
Follow and listen to this podcast on Spotify, iTunes and Google Podcasts.
Intro/Outro beat with compliments of Sjakeem Seedo.
Feel free to join our Discord Server.